AZQ Android - News and more information
News: (March 2015)
- Now supporting Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (UK SM-N910F)
- Now supporting Samsung Galaxy Note Edge (Taiwan SM-N915F)
- Now supporting VoLTE SIP Singalling display and RTP statistics on Samsung S5 (SM-900F) that run the VoLTE firmware.
- Now supporting POLQA MOS for both CS Voice call and VoLTE.
News: (November 2014)
New Forcing/Locking Features for Samsung S5 (SM-G900F)
|AZQ now supports the Samsung S5 (SM-G900F) with advanced locking/forcing/control features - as in Youtube video on the left. It includes LTE PCI Cell locking, EARFCN Locking, WCDMA UARFCN. No restart required between locking operations!|
News: (August 2014)
New Forcing/Locking Features for AZQ on Google (LG) Nexus 5
With the latest AZQ Android on LG Nexus 5 (Android 4.4.4), users can use the below control functionailites from the new ‘FORCE/LOCK’ menu. Force, edit force, unforce swiftly without having to powercycle/restart the phone.
- LTE PCI Lock: This is LTE 'cell locking'. For testing purposes, engineers can force the phone to use only the specified LTE cell via this feature. Suitable for testing a specifiec LTE Cell in areas where reselections/handovers happen too often or testing the maximum coverage of the cell for cross sector issues.
- LTE EARFCN Lock: This forces the phone to only use the specified LTE frequency channel number (EARFCN) within a specified LTE Band.
- LTE Band Lock: This forces the phone to only use the specified LTE Band for LTE operations.
- WCDMA PSC Stay: This feature disables WCDMA Handovers (by disabling RRC Measurement Reports) and would cause to phone to 'stay' on the current PSC while in dedicated (Cell_DCH) mode. Users simply enable this function, disables data (to make sure RRC is idle), then walk/wait for phone to reselect to your desired PSC. When AZQ shows your desired PSC, immediately make a voice call - this would make phone enter Cell_DCH on that PSC and then no handovers would happen (since no MeasurementReports would be sent) until either a 'Radio Link Failure' or a 'Call End' happens which causes the phone to exit Cell_DCH state.
- WCDMA UARFCN Lock: This forces the phone to only use the specified WCDMA Frequency channel number (UARFCN) for WCDMA operations.
- GSM/WCDMA Band Lock: This forces the phone to only use the list of specified GSM and WCDMA bands for its operations. For example, we can tell the phone to only use WCDMA 2100 Mhz Band only, or GSM 1800 only, etc.
- R99 Lock: This disables 'HSDPA' and 'HSPA+' and forces the phone to use only R99 WCDMA data mode. The Android data indicator would show '3G' instead of 'H' or 'H+'. Suitable for legacy report test cases where customers need to ensure and test WCDMA R99 operations.
- GPRS Lock: This disables 'EDGE' and forces the phone to use only 'GPRS' for GSM data mode. The Android data indicator would show 'G' instead of 'E'. Suitable for legacy report test cases where customers need to ensure and test GPRS operations.
- Ignore Cell Barred: This requires USIM with EF_AD set as 'cell test'. If the HPLMN of the SIM is the same with the 'barred cell' then the phone would 'ignore the cell's barring status' and use/camp on the cell. Suitable for pre-testing new cell sites before enabling it to the public users/customers.
Locate problem areas, get reports, dashboards and ALSO ANALYZE WHY THE PROBLEMS HAPPEN - WITH DRIVETEST-GRADE DATA like Ec/Io, RSCP, RSRP, RSRQ, RxLevel, RxQual, C/I and also Layer-3 Messages replay.
The routine testing and KPI teams finally have a cost-effective solution that provides deep radio parameters, Layer 3 messages in the logs (“evidence”) TO HELP THE NETWORK ENGINEERS TO REPLAY, ANALYZE AND FIX THE PROBLEMS: (Call Drops, Call Blocks, internet data speeds, coverage…
- 3G/WCDMA: Ec/Io, RSCP, RSSI, PSC, CQI ActiveSet, MonitoredSet, DetectedSet, BLER, TxPower, HSDPA CQI, RLC Throughput and more.
- 2G/GSM: RxLev, RxQual, C/I, TxPower, ARFCN, C1, C2, Serving Cell measurements, Neighbor Cell Measurements and more.
- Layer-3 Messages - Essential parts of GSM RR, WCDMA RRC, CC, MM can be viewed and analyzed in our replay software. Note: LTE L3 is not available yet.
- 4G/LTE: RSRP, SINR, RSRQ, RSSI, PCI, EARFCN and more.
How AZQ helps radio network testing teams?
AZQ helps save the engineer’s time for most routine KPI testing, indoor testing and report generation work - AZQ automates most of the time consuming work - generating excel reports (with parameter-on-map plot screenshots) and Google Earth KMLs - automatically in minutes at the server after the auto-upload from phone.
Additionally, AZQ also provide a Replay tool for the Engineers to analyze the problematic logs donwloaded from server. This way, expert engineers can spend less time on the common cases and spend more time on more advanced, real time analysis cases where common PC-based tools also Scanners are really required on-site.
Run test scripts on mobile
Run tests on a HUGE NUMBER OF PHONES (compatible cost-effective phones)
- Supported tests include Voice Calls, FTP Download, FTP Upload, HTTP Download, HTTP Browse, SMS, MMS. Ping, Traceroute, Youtube and also automated testing of popular messaging apps like LINE.
- In-car mode: auto start tests when powered by car-charger, auto upload, auto boot.
- Scheduled mode: schedule tests from the central server.
- Manual mode: start tests by hand from app - also supports Indoor map-marking.
Get the logs on the web
Test logs are (automatically) uploaded to the central server
- See the big picture: Heat maps, Dashboards, Trend graphs
- Immediately see repetitive Call Drop, Call Block points on map
- Extensive search functions: Search by tags, area, date, problem type, unit groups, etc.
Download logs and analyze the problems
Analyze call drop, call blocks, coverage, interference and other network problems from log replay in our PC AZQ log analysis software - radio parameters and Layer-3 messages. New feature: WCDMA IntraFreq, InterFreq, InterRAT measurement events, and also ActiveSet addition/removal lists are extracted (from RRC Measurement Report) and shown in the Events window.
Generate MS Excel Reports, Export Logs to csv and KML
The server generates an excel report for each uploaded log. What about multiple log export? Yes we can! Just use the Replay software’s “Export Log” feature to combine multiple logs, and export to Excel, CSV/TXT (for import to Mapinfo, Actix) and KML for playback in Google Earth. Ec/Io, RSCP, RxLevel, RxQual (and other values as choosen) overlay on Mapinfo/MapXtreme screenshots are automatically generated into the Excel reports.
Call Blocks, Call Drops, Slow Internet, Data Connect Failures
Test, Locate and analyze the problems in your mobile network with AZQ Android - Pervasive, Powerful Network Optimization on everyday devices.